What Is Recycle With Us?
This is a scheme we have created in partnership with Barnsley Hospice for Second Hand September! It gives our customers an easy way of recycling their unwanted clothes for a purpose and perks:
All clothes will be donated to Barnsley Hospice, a charity providing specialist care and support for the people of Barnsley.
You get a £5 voucher to spend with us next time you shop.
It helps prolong the life of your clothes, saving them from landfill.
To learn more about the importance of recycling clothes for people and the planet, check out our Second Hand September blog post.
Who Are Barnsley Hospice?
Barnsley Hospice provides specialist palliative and end of life care for adults living in Barnsley with a progressive life-limiting illness, and the people close to them. The hospice provides free support for people from the point of diagnosis and throughout their palliative care journey, including at the end of their life. Services include a 10-bedded inpatient unit, support and wellbeing service, counselling, bereavement support and more.
Martine Tune, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Nurse at Barnsley Hospice said:
“To continue raising as much money as possible for the hospice, we are always looking at ways to generate more donations to the hub. Launching the ‘Recycle With Us’ partnership is a really exciting moment for us, and we are incredibly grateful to everyone at Glass Onion Vintage for choosing to support us in this way.”
How Does It Work?
- You visit our Sheffield store in the month of September with unwanted clothes you want to donate. Find our Sheffield shop here.
- Our lovely Sheffield team will process your donation (we kindly ask for a minimum of 3 items, but the more the merrier!)
- Once your donation is processed, your £5 voucher will land in your inbox which you can cash-in in store, online and at our events when you spend £15 or more.
- Your donation is sent to Barnsley Hospice Retail Hub where it is sold, helping to raise much needed funds for their amazing charity.
- If you’re signed up to our mailing list, we’ll update you on how much our Sheffield customers have helped raise for Barnsley Hospice through their generous donations!
What Can I Donate?We accept:
Clean shirts, t-shirts, jumpers, cardigans, jackets, coats, shorts, trousers, jeans, dresses, jumpsuits, skirts, footwear and handbags.We can’t accept:
Underwear, lingerie, socks, tights, accessories, swimwear, towels, bedding and nightwear. We also can’t accept dirty or torn items.
What Are The Ts & Cs?
- Customers have to donate 3 or more items to qualify.
- The donation reward entitles Glass Onion customers to £5 off their next purchase online, in store or at our events.
- Glass Onion customers must spend a minimum of £15 for £5 voucher to qualify.
- Voucher is redeemable once per visit, per day.
- Only one voucher can be used for each transaction of £15 or more.
- Customers must sign up to our mailing list to be eligible for voucher.
- No cash alternative available.
- The voucher is not redeemable alongside any other offer.
- Refunds will take into account the value of the voucher and the amount refunded will not include the value of the voucher.
- Your voucher is valid for 29 days after issuing.
- Donated products must be empty, clean and not torn.
- Glass Onion have the right to amend or retract this offer at any time.
With your support we can do some good this September to help the people of South Yorkshire and the planet!